In the construction industry, fasteners play a critical role in various situations. That is why it is important to understand what it is and the role of fasteners. Also, getting quality fasteners is crucial to ensure that it is able to help get the job done. There are now suppliers that you can find online, but first, let us go ahead and see what type of fasteners will you need.
The Role Of Fasteners
First, it is important that you know how to define what a fastener is. When you go to an online store and look for industrial fasteners, you will find that it covers a broad category of different tools like nuts and bolts. Most of these hardware fasteners have the same function mechanically. And that is to hold objects together.
Fasteners form this non-permanent joint to connect two components that you can remove if needed in the future. Unlike welded joints, the two components can be separated without creating any damage. That is why this is the best choice both for permanent and non-permanent joints depending on the project.
Types of Fasteners
Industrial fasteners that you can buy from fasteners suppliers come in different forms – screws, nut, nails, bolts, washers, rivets, and anchors. Each of these is a category with plenty of types to choose from. So here’s what you need to know about each of these fasteners:
- This is the most used fastener both in industrial and construction setting. This can be easily differentiated from screws because it does not have threading. Some of its most common kinds include common nails, box nails, brad nails, finishing nails, flooring nails, and roofing nails.
- This is what most people are more familiar with when it comes to fasteners. This is one of the most versatile types of fasteners in the market. It has a threaded shaft that gives it its durability and holding power. This can stay in place on its own. Now there are different types of screws depending on your needs – wood screws, deck screws, sheet metal screws, drywall screws, and so on.
- Bolts, Nuts, and Washers. Another common type of fasteners usually used together. Nuts and bolts work in tandem to hold various components together. Sometimes, bolts and nuts cannot work on their own. There are times where you will need to use a washer in between. This is a flat disc that has an opening in the centre that helps distribute the load evenly across the materials’ surface.
- As its name suggests, this fastener functions similarly to the boats’ anchor. This fastener is mostly used to connect something to concrete or drywall. The anchor embeds itself into the material to hold the object in place.
- Another type of fastener that permanently joins two objects. A specialized tool is used in order to hold the rivet in place. They are more durable compared to other fastener types in this list.
Fasteners are so versatile that anyone can find them everywhere. You can find them in many hardware stores and even at online stores too. So make sure that you know which type of fastener you need before you add items to your cart.